Before Style: 80’s Dated and Run Down!
Before List of Client Dislikes:
- There were 7 separate tiny rooms for his/her closets, wc, vanities and a bath tub
- All the rooms were very dark and felt cramped
- Not enough closet space/ storage
- The doors, when opened, slammed into one another
- Ugly carpet!
Before List of Client Likes:
Goals: Make the space more practical by getting rid of the multiple-room theme; have a usable bathroom; a large closet; update the look to something more contemporary.
- Removed all of the tiny rooms and defined a central axis for the new layout.
- Centered the opening to the closet and divided the space into 2 main areas: bathroom and closet
- The Bathroom at the far end has a freestanding tub, a large steam shower and a double floating vanity
- In addition to the master bathroom, we installed a water closet and a washer/dryer combo unit in the rooms at the end of the hallway
- The new custom closet has reclaimed wood built-ins to match the double vanity in the master bath.
- 2 Benches were added for the gallery effect and also to frame the walkway.
- Added Recessed lighting and installed skylights for additional natural light
- Continued the walnut floor from the bedroom up and into the closet, wc, and the laundry room
- Tiled the bathroom floor
- Crystal chain link chandeliers to add some glam!
- Black and white cowhide rug for fun!
Result: A visually stunning closet that is both open and spacious with ample storage, hanging space and a sense of balance conveyed by the clean lines which define the space.